The UNM EMS Medical Direction Consortium or “The Consortium” as it is commonly known, brings together all the EMS resources within the University of New Mexico Department of Emergency Medicine EMS and Disaster Medicine Section. The consortium consists of our EMS Fellows and multiple EMS medical directors, each of whom also serves as a faculty member within the department. This partnership allows the EMS Medical Directors to collaborate, to share resources and share on-call responsibility. It also allows each participating agency to benefit from the collective expertise of all the EMS faculty members and fellows.
EMS services anywhere in New Mexico may contract with the UNM EMS Consortium. EMS services may elect to have the Consortium serve as their full-time medical director, or may choose to have the Consortium provide specific functions such as on-line medical direction, assistance with quality assurance, assistance with special skill development, or short-term medical direction coverage when the regular medical director is unavailable.
The Consortium, in collaboration with the UNM EMS Academy, also sponsors the UNM Department of Emergency Medicine’s EMS Fellowship. This program provides a focused year of accredited, specialty training to board-certified/board eligible Emergency Physicians planning to become board-certified, career EMS Physicians.
EMS physicians from the Consortium are on-call and available to our partners 24-hours a day to assist with complicated on-line medical direction issues. In addition, on-call EMS Consortium physicians are available for field response to assist affiliated EMS agencies with complicated clinical cases and mass casualty incidents, education and quality assurance.
1. State of New Mexico EMS Bureau, Brian Moore, State Medical Director
2. Albuquerque Fire Department, Andrew Harrell, Medical Director
3. Bernalillo County Fire Department, Chelsea White, Medical Director
4. Rio Rancho Fire Department, Darren Braude, Medical Director
5. Albuquerque Ambulance Service Critical Care Transport, Steve Weiss, Medical Director
6. Lifeguard Air Emergency Services, Doug Dixon, Medical Director
7. Valencia County Dispatch Center, Doug Dixon, Medical Director
8. Valencia County Fire Department, Doug Dixon, Associate Medical Director
9. UNM EMS Academy, Darren Braude, Medical Director
10. Cochiti Fire and EMS, Jenna White, Medical Director
11. Cibola Search and Rescue, Jenna White, Medical Director
12. American Medical Response (Bernalillo/Sandoval), Joy Crook, Medical Director
13. NM Task Force-1 (USAR), Andrew Harrell, Medical Director
14. UNM Medicine Bow, Joy Crook, Medical Director
15. UNM TEMS, Joy Crook, Medical Director
16. UNM Reach and Treat Team, Jenna White, Medical Director
17. NM DMAT-1, Joy Crook, Medical Director
18. Medcor, Darren Braude, Medical Director
19. Motion Picture Set Medics, Darren Braude, Medical Director
20. Corrales Fire Department, Darren Braude, Associate Medical Director
21. Sandoval County Fire Department, Jenna White, Associate Medical Director
22. Western Refinery Fire and EMS, Chelsea White, Medical Director
23. Torrance County Fire and EMS, Doug Dixon, Medical Director
24. Grand Canyon National Park, Andrew Harrell, Medical Director
1. Bernalillo County Sheriff’s SWAT team, Andrew Harrell, Liaison
2. Albuquerque FBI SWAT Team, Darren Braude, Liaison
3. Rio Rancho Police Department, SWAT Team, Joy Crook, Liaison
4. Albuquerque Mountain Rescue Council, Jenna White, Liaison
5. New Mexico State Police, Joy Crook, Liaison