Medical Education Fellowship
To develop knowledge and experience in fundamental areas of medical education, including curriculum design, theories of adult learning, and administration of residency and clerkship programs.
The medical education fellowship is a one year training program which can be tailored to suit the areas of interest for each fellow.
- Participation in key elements of the administration of the EM residency
- Participation in key elements of administration and education of the EM clerkship
- Responsibility for at least one area of EM conference curriculum (US, sim, core content, EBM, for example)
- Participation in the ACEP teaching fellowship
- Membership in CORD
- Support for participation in the UNM Office of Medical Education ongoing training programs
- A structured seminar and reading list encompassing key literature in educational theory
- Incorporating FOAMed and other nontraditional methods into the curriculum
- Learning evaluation methods
- Providing effective feedback
Completion of Emergency Medicine residency training
Board Eligible or Certified in Emergency Medicine
July 1st, but will consider a delayed start date.
Contact Diane Rimple, MD for more information and provide Personal Statement, CV and 3 letters of recommendation (one should be residency director).