Paramedic Certification to College Credit Program

The EMSA offers two options to obtain college credit for licensed paramedics.

First, we offer a NRP to BS-EMS option, which gives students 47 EMS transfer credits towards UNM’s Bachelor of Science in Emergency Medical Services. This option is free and students must hold the NREMT's National EMS Certification at the Paramedic level.

The second license to credit option allows those who received their paramedic certification through UNM Emergency Medical Services Academy, the US Air Force Academy or the Albuquerque Fire Academy to convert the classes taken for certification into college credit hours in order to be able to apply them to a higher education degree. The fee to create the student record and post the courses with grades is $75 per course.

Please contact us to take advantage of the EMSA’s license to credit options at